Friday, May 25

(Long) Weekend (Project)

As I mentioned in my last blog, I have decided to redo my living and dining rooms for the summer.
Well, I decided it, but it's my mom who will be responsible for all the labor involved (love you, Momma!).

Right now the rooms are in deep colors: red, tan, sage; it looks very nice, but I'm looking for cheerful, and it's far from cheerful. One thing I worried about was the color of my furniture...it's an awkward grey/green shade that I thought would be a daunting task to match. We took a pillow from the sofa to Jo-Ann's and I was pleasantly surprised at the number of fabrics that matched it.  There were probably thirty in all! I narrowed those down to these two:



Now, I'll be honest: The 2nd is definitely the runner-up. I absolutely love the first. However, the first is twice as much as the second, and the second is indoor/outdoor (though without that rough feel) and UV protectant. Since I'm (and by "I am," I mean "My mom is") going to be making curtains out of it, that's pretty important. The 2nd one is really starting to grow on me and I don't think I'll regret that decision.

And, once again, my fiscal patience paid off; rather than buying the fabric when we picked it out, I opted to wait, knowing the price would drop. Right now it's on sale for 50% off and I will save an additional 25% by using Kiera's dependant ID. Normally Jo-Ann's won't let you combine discounts, but memorial weekend is one of those rare exceptions.

All of this warms my little home-owner heart.

Almost time to call it quits...
I hope the long weekend of rest and relaxation finds you all well.
If you need me, I'll be on the lake! :)

Enjoy.