As everyone knows, I normally don't discuss events on here, but this weekend was a fairly important one, so here's a little recap for all my friends who've been neglected in the course of my MOH duties.
Jessica's wedding went off without a single hitch. The weather could have been a bit warmer (breeze softer, sun more visible), but the decor was beautiful, the food was delicious, Jessica looked stunning and bride & groom left having had their vision fulfilled (and then some). As for me, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing "the gang" back together, some of whom I hadn't seen in years. As always, it feels like no time's gone by at all. Here is a glimpse into the evening:
![]() |
| I borrowed this one from a FB friend, hence the timestamp. |
| The cake was delicious |
You may notice the one crucial pic missing is of the bride and groom, themselves. Yes, in all the chaos of the evening I did not get a single shot of Jessica and Steve after the wedding. Fortunately, these are amateur pics and there will be professional ones to come. Hopefully I'll have access to those to share in the future.
To wrap things up, perfect wedding, perfect ceremony, perfect (albeit exhausting) day.
The part of my weekend that was not spent on Jessica's wedding coordination was spent on Theresa's wedding coordination! As some of you already know (via FB), I have been asked to be the maid of honor in Theresa's October 22nd wedding! Theresa and I have been friends for about fifteen years now...I had the honor of throwing her one-and-only baby shower more than ten years ago. Now I'm proud to say I'll be standing beside her as she (finally!) ties the knot.
Saturday morning entailed dress shopping...and there were soooo many options. Theresa is stunning and a size 2. To say everything looks good on her is not an exaggeration. Fortunately, we had some financial (budget) guidelines to make narrow things down a bit. Eventually, she decided on this beautiful gown:
I had to leave the bridal store before the final selection was made, and I found a little humor in the fact that when the associate asked me why I was leaving early I responded with, "Oh, I have a wedding to be in. Today." This will be my fifth stint as maid of honor (four of those since 2005), so I'm getting pretty good at pulling things together and feel truly honored to have so many friends consider me their "best" friend. Now if *I* ever get married...wow--well, that'd put me in a difficult decision with so many amazing and close friends!
But I digress.
Sunday Theresa and Zoe (her daughter) came by the house (yielding McCafe frappes, yummm) and we discussed more wedding plans. Fortunately, having just created the playlists for Jessica's wedding, I will be able to recycle much of that and save Theresa the cost of the DJ! (Frugal Mom says Yayyyy for money saving!) Theresa has the benefit of having a professional wedding planner on her team, so I imagine no detail will go forgotten. (If I do many more of these weddings, I may go into the professional wedding coordinator business, myself!).
Needless to say, I'm very excited about all the things leading up to Oct 22 and now I have a little more inspiration to continue utilizing my gym membership [whispers "boooo"].
You know that "Always a bridesmaid..."?
I've gotta say: not so bad, really! :)
(++)

