The never-ending to-do, been-done and one-of-these-days,-I-hope lists here:
October Upcoming
- Annual Halloween party planning: Kiera is talking about inviting 50 kids. 50 (!!!) Yes, we finally have the room, but it’s unlikely I have the mental disposition.
- Clean garage for the above.
- Finish Kiera’s bathroom (and by finish, I mean begin and finish. Okay—technically it’s already begun, but not by much.)
- Tommy and Cully’s birthdays (both Sat). Until last weekend, I thought my boyfriend’s birthday was in Nov. What can I say...atypical woman. Now I’m in a mad rush to feign preparedness.
- DSU Honors Choir audition for the kiddo.
- Clarksdale Reunion. Tommy’s dragging me to this thing. I’ll probably have more teeth than anyone there.
- Housewarming Party: Tentatively scheduled for the 23rd. I’m thinking Nov may be a better time for this, but with MFM scheduled on the 17th, that might not be an option!
- Shamelessly plug MFM across all venues. In keeping with that, here’s the LINK. :)
- Get washer/dryer (well past the expiration date on this one, but I’ve made a commitment to myself to make it happen on Sunday.)
- iTunes. So the kiddo will stop bugging me.
- Revamp workout/diet plan. Man, I really slipped on this one!
- Change banks (see FB for explanation)
- Change locks on house. Sounds minor...notsomuch. Some jerk stole my brother’s keys, so $170, three hours missed from work and seven locks later I would feel safe if it weren’t for...
- Repair(ing) door. Technically in process after Kiera locked herself out of the house and decided to let the neighborhood boy attempt to kick the front door in. She put herself to bed before nine if that gives you any indication of the level of anger I exhibited.
- House painted. Finally. Well, exterior, anyhoo.
- Thank you dinner for family/friends who helped get the house and ready. Very successful.
- Trip to Chattanooga (hereafter known as Murphy’s Law meets Chattanooga)
- The Script/Trip to Nashville (best. night. ever.)
- Chloee’s birthday (along with both Emily and Theresia’s)
- Work house-warming (major success with minimal feelings of anxiety plus onehelluva spread)
- Mom got a new van, Taylor Mae is walking and I finally introduced the girls to the awesomeness that is the original Footloose.
- Bought table for dining room. At a whopping 96 inches, finding a runner and tablecloth has proven very difficult.
- Buy a bike
- Change all the hardware in the house from brass to...?
- Plant pumpkins (next spring!). That’s right. Pumpkins.
- Clean flowerbeds thoroughly. Heck—while I’m dreaming, how about replace everything in flowerbeds.
- Cover patio
- Create headboard for guest bed
- Tile Kiera’s bathroom (this does not fall under to-do because it’s far too far in the future)
- Remove hideous wallpaper from Kiera’s room
- Win the lottery in order to pay for all of the above
- Start copyrighting my ideas in order to retain credit before others run amuck with them © <-- yup, that's right!
- Marry Luke Bryan
This is the condensed version of all lists. Seriously.