Thursday, December 22

Christmas Came Early for Us

A bit of good...nay, GREAT news this week:

Jana's tests have come back and she is currently CANCER FREE!
[happy, happy, joy, joy]

Thanks to her 2nd stem cell transplant, she is showing no signs of cancer whatsoever.
Of course, there is no cure for MM (yet!) so it will inevitably show its ugly face again (there are some cancer cells in her body, but they are so few that the tests aren't even reading them), but-overall-the transplant was a success. This is especially wonderful news, considering the first transplant was not successful.

So: What's next...
Well, Jana's going to continue with a less aggressive chemo and she'll be tested every few months (more bone marrow biopsies, such fun) for the return. In the meantime, her hair is growing back and I assured her she'll be flipping it over her shoulders (and having it blow in the wind) in no time. :)

I can't tell you how excited Kiera and I are for this blessing. We are beyond ourselves in joy and thanks...for now, please join us as we continue to support the powerful thinking that advances the cure!

Celebrating Jana's wonderful news today (oh, and that little thing known as Christmas)

As this will be my last post before Christmas, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I hope the holidays bring you peace and joy. In the hustle and bustle of the season, remember to take the time to enjoy the people you love and the blessings in your life.