I have a coworker who puts Dove chocolates on my desk daily. Anyone who knows me knows I have an insatiable sweet tooth, and Dove chocolates are delish. Mmmmm.
I do love my daily chocolate fix. But I also love my "Dove Promises," those cute, insightful sayings on the inside of the wrapper. Last week I opened one that said, "Remember your first everything." The timing of this particular "promise" couldn't have been more profound, as I had reunited with both my childhood best friend and 1st boyfriend via Facebook just days earlier. Purely coincidental.
Today's "promise" read:
Don't think about it too much.
The timing of this is not at all of consequence, as I am always over-analyzing everything.
I play scenarios out in my head, considering every possible outcome and how to combat even the most dire of these. Some would say it's a compulsion, but I consider it preparedness. Whether it be a vacation mishap, an unexpected financial strain or a relationship gone awry, I know, without doubt, I will prevail.
Thanks for the head's up, Dove, but I rather like being a step ahead of the game!