Wednesday, July 6

Ho Hum...back to the drawing board.

Yesterday was quite an emotional day as I watched the most annoying of cliches (including "the early bird gets the worm" and "don't count your chickens before they're hatched") play out right in front of me.

The long version involved a bunch of tears, anger and disappointment.
The short version is quite simple: we're back to square one on the house hunt.

The house we bid on got pulled off the market and in the meantime, as I imagined might happen, our second favorite was sold. Although I knew the possibility existed that we wouldn't get either, I thought the process of finding out would be a bit slower, broken out over several days, not in one foul swoop.

To add to the disappointment, I looked online at the homes still available, and it's clear that the market is settling as most people are getting settled in time to get their kids enrolled in school at the beginning of August. Which means there are far fewer homes to chose from than there were three months ago when I started this process.

I have a lot of support on this journey (and I appreciate it!), but it's hard for someone like me, who doesn't believe in destiny or karma or any of those other larger-than-life forces in the universe to see the positive side of this situation. But there's still hope...today, I'll look at some homes online and Saturday, we'll make some visits. Maybe something better will come along, but I certainly won't find it if I'm not looking for it.

[Pulls boot straps up, fakes a smile, starts strategically planning in head]

Wish us luck!