Wednesday, August 3

CMT Ramblings

I've found that the best way to make the time fly on the elliptical is via CMT music video mornings.
Even though they have a looong commercial break every two or three songs, the time just seems to fly by while I'm watching it. And, seeing as how I'm recently reunited with country music, every song is a new song.

A couple of observations, in no particular order:

I love Luke Bryan.
When did the men of country music get so fine?
Gezus.

Where did this chick come from?
Is she a legit country singer?
She's terrible: makes Katie Parry look talented.

I love this very moment of the video.
I'll watch the whole thing just to get here.

This is JT Hodges "Hunt You Down," filmed on Beale St.
While I like the video (don't love it), what I find really endearing is the Beale
St. crackhead that comes running in at the end (captured in the above frame).

Worst. Acting. Ever.
Seriously? Nobody tested those chops before hiring her?


Current personal favorite.
My Mom exposed me to Alabama (the only country group she listened to)
VERY early in my childhood (think Memphis Chicks baseball in the 1980s).
A Brad Paisley/Alabama combo = unstoppable.

There's sooo much more to share, but I have way too much on my plate to be blogging around.
Now, back to the grind.