Ladies and Gents (not sure that I actually have any male followers, but nonetheless...),
Yours truly is going to be an aunt again...very soon.
Melissa is due tomorrow!
HipHipHurrah!
Mom left yesterday to be with her in Wagoner, OK. Since Melissa and Chris now have a place of their own, the additional expense of hotel rooms has been eliminated! Yayyy!
Mom got there yesterday afternoon and said the apartment is beyond "adorable."
Melissa loved the housewarming goodies I sent and the spending money so she could go and buy herself some additional things. She wanted to decorate her kitchen in apples and was able to find some dishes and wall art with apples on them--and at a thrift store, nonetheless!
If I had known she was going to be getting a place of her own, I certainly wouldn't have spent all her Christmas money on items that seem rather frivolous now.
But now I'm back on the apartment...what I want to talk about is TAYLOR MAE!
Again: She's due tomorrow and a trip to the Dr. today left Melissa feeling hopeful that it'll happen this weekend. If it doesn't, she'll be induced on Monday. I'm still a little nervous for Melissa as she had open-heart surgery as a baby, and they were worried about the effect of labor to the balloon in her heart, but after several specialist visits, they've decided a C-section isn't necessary and Melissa's a healthy, child-bearin' woman :). I wish I could be there for the delivery, but the girls have exams next week and I have sooo many Q4/end-of-yr duties that it just isn't possible.
I will be able to take Thursday and Friday off of next week, though!
No TSO but well worth the sacrifice.
(Did I mention how lucky I am to have such an amazing working environment/boss?)
And of course, there will be plenty of pics to come!
More soon.
(++)