Friday, December 10

It's a Girl!

Can you believe it?
Just hours after that last post Melissa's water broke.
She began having contractions and, I'm happy to say, as of this morning, I'm an aunt (again)!
Taylor Mae and Mom are both healthy and recovering from a fairly quick labor.
(And on her due date, I might add.)
Taylor is 21.5 inches long and weighs 7lbs, 11oz. Mom promised to take lots of pics.

I thought I had embraced that I was going to miss the arrival of my new niece, but evidently I had not.
When I received the texts upon awakening, I felt bittersweet. I was excited for the arrival, but very sad to be missing it. Lea felt the same way. She was nearly crying that she couldn't be there for Melissa and, thanks to a very nasty dream, she was worried (like I) that Melissa was going to have complications during childbirth due to her heart. But all the worrying was for nothing. Our family is full of physically strong women, and Melissa is no exception.

My patience will certainly be tested over the next week, as we have to wait until Thursday to meet Taylor Mae and see Melissa. I was, however, able to send an adorable flower arrangement to let Melissa know are there in spirit.
Here's a pic:





Taylor Mae Weaver, welcome to the world!
I hope you will find it to be a beautiful place full wonderful surprises and endless opportunities
Love,
Aunt Bonnie