Wednesday, November 23

...And Then There Was One

Great News!

Both Mom and Amy are sick. Not run-of-the-mill sick, but vomiting on a regular basis sick.
And Melissa works tonight.
Which means...

I have to cook Thanksgiving dinner. For everyone. All by myself.
A turkey and a ham.
All the sides.
All the aps.
All the desserts.

Oh.My.Goodness.

I
, sire O cpi;dm
t

[I guess my elbows did the above while my co-workers were giving turkey-cooking advice...you would be surprised at the amount of turkey-cooking advice one can muster up if soliciting.]

As I was saying...I could handle the turkey. Or the ham. Or probably even both. But for it to be handed to me less than a day beforehand (and all the ingredients have not even been bought and the ones that have are displaced at both my Mom's and Amy's), well, that is a challenge. Yes, my laid back disposition (hey, my house is clean and dinner for tonight is already in the crock pot!) has turned into a frantic how-am-I-going-to-get-this-done.

Inhale. Exhale.

Raw poultry. Gross.

Inhale. Exhale.

Kiera's boyfriend is about to be put to use.

Inhale. Exhale.

[heavy sigh]

I will let ya know how it goes. Although I'm fairly certain, stressed as I am, it is going to be just fine. It may not be my preference to handle it all, but it certainly isn't beyond my capabilities.

Exhale.