Tuesday, November 29

The Joy of Sharing

Well, our Thanksgiving dinner went well. Beyond well, actually--it was great. Thankfully, Ben (Dad2.0) volunteered to handle the turkey and dressing and that just left me with...well, everything else. The food turned out great and I wasn't a bit overwhelmed, although it was a far cry from the quiet/relaxing evening I had planned.
Amy was still too sick to come on Thursday, but Tommy and the boys and the rest of the family were all there (sans Timmy, who is working in CT and Nicole (+ family), who had dinner at their home). It was sooo great to have everyone sitting together at one table, enjoying one another's company, sharing good conversation, laughter, food, and...

Germs.

Fast forward about 12 hours and you'll find a virtually useless Bonnie sleeping for literally 40 of the following 48 hours (on this particular Thanksgiving, I was most thankful for the invention of promethazen).

Both Friday and Sat are a blur (I did manage to get some *very* early Black Friday shopping in, beginning at 10pm on Thursday, before the onset, but I missed my (larger) family Thanksgiving feast on Sat afternoon), and Sunday was spent cleaning up the house and putting up Christmas decor. Part of the Christmas decor. I ran out of steam very early on in that process. But, as I have an extremely busy week/weekend coming up, I have got to get finished tonight and tomorrow night.

Searching
...
For
...
Motivation

Also, for those of you not in the tri-state area, We got our first snow yesterday! My house looks beautiful covered in snow. Absolutely stunning. I thought the kids would be out of school today (and let the kiddo stay up late, thinking such), but surprisingly, they didn't cancel it. Hmmm.

Though most of the snow had begun melting by this morning, I was more than a bit thankful for the garage/remote start/heated seat combination on my way into work. I feel like royalty. Or a rockstar.

Either way, it's good stuff.
Warm, cozy, good stuff.

Enjoy your eve folks...plenty more to say but (as always) not nearly enough time to say it as thoroughly or articulately as I'd like.
Maybe some day...
(++)