Yesterday I had a moment of slight panic when I realized that
Thanksgiving is only one week away!
Normally I just show up with rolls and sodas (not because I can't cook but because I have so little free time to prepare anything of substance), but this year's Thanksgiving dinner is going to be at my new home, which means there is much planning, preparing and (yes) cooking expected on my part.
So I shot my mom an email (informal, I know, but again: it was a moment of panic) laying out the plans for next Thursday. And last night I cleaned my house pretty thoroughly. In theory, we'll keep it clean into next week and all we'll need to focus on is the cooking. Yes, I know that won't actually happen, hence the "in theory."
Here's a little something to put you in the spirit of Thanksgiving if you, like me until yesterday, aren't quite there yet:
It'd be better if they could have dressed real turkeys up as MC Hammer (and crew) and taught them to dance like that, but what can I say: I'm ambitious!