Wednesday, June 8

As Promised... (Action Item 1 Completed)

The hunt for our new home is moving...slooooowly.

As I said several weeks ago, we put a bid on a house Kiddo and I both love. And, well, since then, we've been waiting. And waiting.

I knew a short sale would work this way, so I had already put the I-want-things-my-way-when-I-want-them in check before we began the process, and that's really paid off in the form of patience. It also helps that I really want this house.

On the flip side of things, I have another constant voice in the back of my head reminding me that *if* I don't get the "dream" home, and I've waited too long for an answer, I might also lose the 2nd home on my list. I've got people throwing the whole "If it doesn't work out it isn't meant to be" cliche at me, but I'm a firm believer in making things happen (as opposed to thinking there is some greater force in the universe dictating what is/isn't meant to be), so I know it's simply a matter of timing. And of pricing. Since we put the offer on dream home, the asking price on the 2nd home has been lowered, which worries me a little more.

Just when I start wavering in my decision and think about withdrawing my offer, I remember all the things I love about the "dream" home and I am reminded to stand firm.

I'm just going to continue that...just plant my heels and wait for an answer from the banker (I feel like I should be standing beside Howie Mandel) and see what may come.

If I lose the 2nd home, there will be another...and another...and another.
Just have to exhale and remain calm. :)

[Keep your fingers crossed]
(++)