Wednesday, June 22

Eight Week Challenge Update

"Eight week weight-loss contest" just doesn't have a pleasant ring to it. And, after all, the ultimate goal is to achieve better overall health, so let's refer to this as the "eight-week challenge" from here on out.

Since it began on Monday, my schedule's looked a little like this:
Work, Home, Workout, Sleep, Workout, Work, Workout, Home, Sleep, Workout, Work.
Exciting stuff, right?

I don't know how long I can keep these two-a-days up, but I do know this: I'm the smallest person in the contest by a pretty good bit, so I'm going to have the hardest time losing weight. I thought two-a-days would pretty much seal the deal until I realized another "contestant" is doing two-a-days too. WTF, Steve? Grrr.

I'd like nothing more right now that a med-rare filet (and I don't even like meat!) and a loaded baked potato.
Mmmmm, maybe I'll reward myself with a meal at Ruth's Chris at the end of this thing--win or lose. After all, we're all winners if we end up healthier than we started.

'Cept for Steve. He's always going to be a loser. ;)