Tuesday, June 28

Marriage Ramblings

Some people marry. And divorce. And remarry. And divorce.

That's not for me...
When I get married, if I get married, it's going to be right. All of it.
Which is why I've yet to be married.

I think people take their marriage vows entirely too light-heartedly. Seems like marriage is simply a slightly more committed version of a relationship. It's no longer for life; it's 'til you get on my nerves, don't spend enough time with me, cheat, or...whatever. I'm not into diving into things with a we'll-see-what-happens mentality. And, while it seems all my friends (and exes) are getting married, having babies, etc, I wonder when my happily-ever-after's gonna happen. I feel a little out of the loop--not that I'm not happy for them, but I do think most of the "commitments" I see are mistakes. Blaring mistakes. But, well, we all have to make our own mistakes and move forward from there.

Anyhoo...(here's the part where I get to the point of the blog, bear with me) while the rest of the world moves on and I feel like I'm treading water, I see this story and know I'm doing the right thing. Waiting for your soul mate sometimes takes a century, but (as they say) the best things come to those who wait. So I'm going to wait patiently, with a smile on my face.