Sunday, May 15

House-Hunting Update

We had great luck this weekend on our quest to find the perfect home. Well, I suppose it isn't "perfect," since it's out of the budget I set for myself, but all-in-all, it's an amazing house that (more than) pleases both kiddo and Mom.
And well worth the extra money.

This will most likely put an end to my dream of paying it off in 10 years, but I'd be in a home I genuinely love...and one with plenty of instant equity. Tomorrow I've got a lot of calling around to to--plenty of unanswered questions regarding financing and then...who knows...maybe an offer as early as this week! :)

More soon.
[And sorry for the lapse between blogs, but life has been busy in the *best* kinds of ways.]

UPDATE:
I discovered our nearly-perfect home is a short sell. And I know enough about short sells to know that they require an enormous amount of patience. I'm not sure I'm capable of that at this point. I've been doing quite a bit of research and can't find a single positive experience on this. Add this to my frustration over grant information and suffice to say I'm already stressed.
Fortunately for me, my love for financially sound (read: cheap) decisions is much stronger than my desire to move into a home quickly. I've got a couple more things to look into and then I'll know whether or not it'll be worth the extra effort for this particular home.
(++)