So I'm currently on day three of having no voice and, while world-at-large may be enjoying it, I certainly an not. Second night of waking up all night with a cough has put me in an indescribably foul mood. A quick morning trip to Walmart to self-medicate on guaifenesin, Tussin DM (cough and chest congestion) and Halls cough drops provide me with just a little hope that I can make it through yes another sinus attack without a visit to my Doctor. I just find it ridiculous to have allergy/sinus problems in 90+ degree weather. What the hay? (Pardon the pun)
River crest expected today, and, for the sake of those at risk and/or already affected by "The Great Flood of 2011" (slightly dramatic imo), I hope the forecast is correct and it subsides very quickly. Possible thunderstorms on Thursday have put a slight damper on that prospect, though.
Though self-absorbed of me, considering the impact of the flood, I'm upset that the BBQ Fest has been moved to Tiger Lane this year due to the flooding of Tom Lee Park. This will be our first visit to BBQ Fest, so I wanted the full experience. Still, free food equals happiness.
Speaking of which...my calendar is getting so full that I might need to actually begin using a calendar. At least through July. It's a bit overwhelming at times!
[whispers] Toodles.