Sunday, May 8

Requisite Mother's Day Post

This one will be short as I'm sick. :(

On this Mother's Day, I want to say thanks both to my mom and my daughter.

To my mom, I truly appreciate all you have done and continue to do for me. I know it wasn't easy being a single (and lone) parent. I know money and time were hard to come by. I remember times when you worked three jobs to make ends meet and, while I was too young to understand it then,  I truly appreciate it now and I believe that is what has instilled such a strong work ethic in me.



To the kiddo: While I know this day isn't typically in honor of children, I want you to know I appreciate what an amazing daughter you are. I couldn't ask for a more considerate, intelligent and fun child. And, though not directly a result of any action on your part, I appreciate who I have become as a result of having you in my life. I was on an unknown path with no aspirations or sense of direction until you came along, but you inspired me, long before I ever saw your face,  to become a better person for you. And I'm thankful for you everyday.



To all my Mom-friends out there: I hope you have a wonderful day that celebrates all the sacrifices and joy that come with motherhood. Happy Mother's Day!